National Law University, Jodhpur in association with Mindspright Legal is organizing the first National Essay Competition.
Theme: Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Persons Making Disclosure Bill, 2010.
1. Is the scope of the proposed legislation on public interest disclosure sufficient?
2. Does the Indian legislation confirm to International best practices standards on Whistleblowing?
3. Should the identity of the complainant be kept absolutely confidential?
4. Is the protection accorded to a whistleblower under the legislation sufficient?
5. Is the procedure for receipt of complaints and handling of enquiry under the legislation in the interest of the parties involved?
First: INR 10,000
Second: INR 7,500
Third: INR 5,000
Deadline: 30 September, 2012.
Information collected from here.