Gujarat National Law University [GNLU] in association with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation [ONGC] is organising the first ONGC – GNLU International Essay Competition on International Contracts.
Theme: Recent Trends in International Contract, Jurisdictional Issues and the Global Commercial and Investment Governance
• Does the United Nations play any meaningful role or live up to the expectations of large majority of developing nations in the International Contract Formation?
• Cross-border transactions and role of UNCITRAL
• The UNCISG & UNCITRAL and International Trade Contracts
• Recognition and validity of Electronic Contracts: Legislative Landscape in common law and civil law countries
• Consumer Interest and Electronic Contracts: An Urgent Need for International Protocol
• International Regulations in Punitive Sanctions for the Breach of Contract
• Enforcement of awards resulting from dispute settlement of international contracts in
• Jurisdictional Issues in Settlement of Disputes of International Contracts: Latest Global Issues and Challenges
• International Commercial Contracts and Protection of the Interests of Parties: A Sector Approach, i.e Infrastructure, MaritimeEmployment, Manufacturing Goods, Multimodal Transportation
• Level playing field in negotiation and conclusion of international contracts between industrialised and developing countries
• Important trends from the case-law of OECD countries and learning lessons for developing countries International Contracts in Oil and Gas Sectors: Best Practices for the Public Sector Undertakings of India
• Can tangible, realistic and measurable yardsticks constituting the Sustainable Development or Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) be made mandatory element of international contracts?
• Importance of professional ethics and values in drafting, negotiating and concluding international contracts – Best Practices
• The role of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in International Contracts
Word Limit: 3,000 – 5,000 words
Co – authorship is permitted.
Deadline: March 25, 2014
First Prize: Rs. 7,000
Second Prize: Rs. 5,000
Third Prize: Rs. 3,000
All submissions shall be mailed at jaston[at]gnlu[dot]ac
For additional details, click here.