The National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi and National Law University Delhi are organizing a National Seminar on ‘Financial Law and Policy: An Interdisciplinary Approach‘ on December 1, 2012 at NLU Delhi.
1. Appropriate means of oversight over financial regulators and their autonomy from the government
2. Consumer protection as an aspect of financial regulations
3. Role of the Central Bank in financial market regulation and supervision
4. Resolution of financial firms
5. Principle-based or ruled-based legislation: what will work in India?
6. Unified regulator or sectoral regulator: which will work in India?
7. Financial Regulation and competition policy
8. Emergency powers in systemic risk situation
9. Legal process in financial regulation
Co authorship is allowed.
Word limit is 5000 words.
Paper Submission: November 1, 2012 (23.59 hrs)
Expenses: Authors of the selected papers will be provided boarding and lodging facilities at NLU Delhi.
Mail your paper to ankur[dot]saxena[at]nipfp[dot]org[dot]in along with:
1. Registration form
2. Presentation in pdf/ppt format [Optional]
Selected papers will be published on the NIPFP website.
Registration form can be downloaded from here.
For more information, click here.
Special Thanks to Naman Mohnot, our SR from NLU Delhi.