The Gujarat National Law University [GNLU] and Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited [ONGC] are organizing the Second GNLU – ONGC International Essay Competition on International Contracts.
Theme: Identifying and Comparing the trends in International Contract Laws and Probing the Critical Issues for Multinational Contracting Parties
Sub – Themes:
• The UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts and its role in multinational contracting
• Standard Forms of Contracts, its adaptation across the worldand the International Transactions
• Distinctions between Civil and Common Law with respect to Contract Laws across the globe
• Reasonableness of a Contract: An overview in various countries of the world
• Issues pertaining to International Transactions and the role of multinational entities
• Problems of International Trade / Transaction of Goods / Services: Remedies to the issues pertaining to cross border transactions
• Role of the United Nations and other international regulatory bodies in cross border transactions
• Protection of interest / rights of the multinational contracting parties: The role of UNCISG / UNCITRAL
• Formation and Enforcement of Trade Contracts and its Problems in the light of International Trade
• International Commercial Contracts and Protection of the Interests of Multinational Contracting Parties
• Jurisdictional issues in International Transactions, The Contract Law and the rights of contracting parties
Word Limit: 3,000 to 5,000 Words
Co-authorship [upto two authors] is permitted, provided that the authors register separately.
Deadline: August 10, 2015
• First Prize: Rs. 7,000
• Second Prize : Rs. 5,000
• Third Prize: Rs. 3,000
Certificates will be issued to all participants.
For additional details, click here.